- This event has passed.
Artificial Intelligence: Using AI in Your Business
October 3, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm MDT60$
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are major buzzwords right now. But as much as people are talking about AI, what does it actually mean for business? Our panel speakers will explore and answer this question and more, including:
- What exactly is AI/ML and why is it happening now?
- Why is there an opportunity here in Edmonton?
- When is AI/ML a fit, and how do we even take a first step towards a project?
- And, most importantly: how do we embark on an AI/ML strategy where we can actually get ROI?
Fear not, this will be a tech-free talk. No jargon, no geek-speak, just a basic look at artificial intelligence, machine learning and what they can do for business.
Meet the Speakers:
- Cory Janssen, Co-founder and CEO of AltaML Inc., and President of Galt Capital
- Anna Koop, Senior Scientific Advisor, Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute
- Patrick Pilarski, Canada Research Chair in Machine Intelligence for Rehabilitation, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta and Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute Fellow
- Curtis Stange, President and CEO, ATB
The panel discussion will be moderated by Kyle Murray, Vice Dean & Professor of Marketing, University of Alberta School of Business.
October 3, 2019
11:30 AM – 1:15 PM
11:30 AM — Registration
11:45 AM — Lunch & Networking
12:15 PM — Panel discussion/Q&A
1:15 PM — Event conclusion
Royal Alberta Museum, Amiskwaciy Theatre & Lobby
$60 per person