- This event has passed.
Courses: AI Strategy and Management – Winter 2021
January 20, 2021 @ 8:00 am - March 10, 2021 @ 5:00 pm UTC-62995$
AI Strategy and Management – Winter 2021
Secure your future with the knowledge, tools and confidence to launch AI projects and manage technical teams.
Modern businesses recognize the transformative power of artificial intelligence but are also facing a severe shortage of skilled workers. The demand for AI and machine learning (ML) expertise is growing across all industries, and it’s through the marriage of domain expertise with technical ML skills that companies can gain competitive advantages.
Our eight-week online course combines synchronous (collaborative) and asynchronous (independent) lectures, readings and discussions, as well as practical assignments and a final capstone project. In the final project, you will work in a group to complete a Machine Learning Project Charter for a specific ML project, and pitch your project to a panel of ML and business experts.
You’ll graduate from the course with the:
- Skills to draft AI adoption strategy for your organization
- Ability to identify ML projects, assemble teams, and execute related business tactics
- Confidence to manage and interact with technical teams
What is the goal of this course?
The purpose of this course is to develop your knowledge and skills to define and manage a machine learning project that supports your organization’s business priorities. This isn’t a technical course, but we will get into enough technical details to empower you to have informed discussions with technical teams about the data needed for ML projects, appropriate approaches to the problem, and the evaluation of the results. You’ll also have an appreciation of the business, social and ethical impacts of ML and how they apply to your organization and project.
- Understand the considerations required for selecting an appropriate machine learning project in the context of the organization’s capabilities and objectives
- Implement some organizational processes to apply ethical thinking to machine learning projects
- Intelligently discuss data issues with data professionals
- Understand and discuss the uses, strengths and limitations of the three types of machine learning
- Effectively apply the ML Project Charter to think through and pitch an ML project
We look forward to having you join us in January!
Are you curious if AI Strategy Management is the right fit for you? Our program Guide outlines all of the details including prerequisites, module overviews and FAQs.
Stephanie Husby, pictured above, will be one of your instructors. Passionate about translating difficult topics into easy-to-access concepts and terminology, she strives to bridge the gap between business and technical experts.
Ready to Apply?
Now more than ever, businesses recognize the transformative power of artificial intelligence (AI) but are also facing a severe shortage of skilled workers.
Course Fee is grant eligible. See Program Guide.
The demand for AI and machine learning (ML) expertise is growing across all industries, and it’s through the marriage of domain expertise with ML understanding that companies can gain competitive advantages.