Founder Fridays: Fireside chat with Danessa Knaupp, author of Naked at Work
January 7, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MSTFree
Fireside Chats for Founders, Mentors, & Investors
Jan 7, 2022, Fireside chat with Danessa Knaupp, author of Naked at Work
Founder Fridays is a series of fireside chats with authors of books that are typically held on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month, the initiative is based on the success of a fireside chat with Ian Hathaway (Brad Feld’s co-author on their latest book) that had 300+ participants and gave away 100 copies of The Startup Community Way to attendees from across Alberta.
Each month you can register for either or both of two sessions:
- A fireside chat with an author where the last 15 minutes is a Q & A session with the participants and a link is provided so those from Alberta can request a free copy of the author’s book.
- Table discussions held two weeks later (sometimes with, sometimes without the author) to discuss the different ways the content from the fireside chat and the author’s book can be applied to Alberta’s startup community and tech ecosystem
Founder Fridays are designed to support Alberta’s entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, ecosystem builders and service providers by:
- Upskilling entrepreneurs, mentors, ecosystem builders and service providers
- Developing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship support in and around post-secondary institutions
- Helping startups grow faster and develop the expertise and traction required to attract capital
- Increasing the volume of startups and the velocity at which they progress through the Startup Commons stages
- Working with existing entrepreneurship support organizations to expand their mentor network
Founder Fridays is a joint initiative of 150 Startups, Bow Valley College, Futurepreneur, Rainforest Alberta, and the Venture Mentoring Service of Alberta and are made possible by the generous support of Bow Valley College, RBC, The Hunter Family Foundation, Alberta Innovates, Calgary Innovation Coalition, RINSA, and Women Entrepreneurs-in-STEM.