- This event has passed.
ML Foundations 1 – February 4, 2021
February 4, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm MST250$
As artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) increase in popularity, so does the public conversation — a mixture of information, misinformation, stories and speculation. This can make it difficult to build a knowledge base for these powerful tools.
Get a basic, high-level understanding of what’s important and relevant at Machine Learning Foundations 1.
What will I learn?
Build a foundational knowledge about AI & ML, including:
- The definitions of AI, ML and data science, and how they all fit together
- What automation is and where it’s effective
- How a company arrives at an AI solution — whether you build it yourself, buy it from another company, or partner with an external expert — and the pros and cons of each
Walking through real-world examples of AI & ML applications, you will learn:
- Where AI creates business value and competitive advantage
- How to properly construct an ML question related to business problems and objectives
- How to identify red flags as you are scoping or executing your AI project
- How ML works and your role in making it work
In addition, contextual information will inform your view of AI & ML:
- The evolution of AI and innovation
- Ethical and societal considerations around the application of AI
Who should take this class?
You should take this class if:
- You are interested in but don’t understand AI & ML
- You want to tap into the language and have productive conversations around AI & ML
- You and your team want a common starting point and vocabulary
- You are a technical person who wants to understand the business role of AI & ML
- You are a business user or manager who wants to understand the technical role of AI & ML
This class is $250 CDN and includes 3 hours of facilitated instruction and 3 hours of self-directed online learning.
This is the first step in your AI learning journey, which will set you up for a deeper understanding of more complex concepts and tools. Following the ML Foundations 1 class, you will be able to move onto:
- The ML Foundations 2 class for a closer look at technical concepts
- The AI Strategy & Management course to gain the knowledge, skills and tools you need as a business leader as you look to adopt AI