- This event has passed.
Talent Programs for Growth-Stage Entrepreneurs
February 9 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm MSTFree
About this Event
The February Rainforest Connector will feature panelists speaking about government support programs to help growth and startup stage entrepreneurs access talent to grow their companies. By registering, you will hear an update on the FIRST Jobs Program as well as information on subsidy programs that provide financial support including:
- Information on newly expanded MiTACS program (Deadline Feb 15)
- Mitacs Business Strategy Internships
- Information on the Peter Lougheed Leadership College STRETCH Program
Date And Time
What is the Connector?
Rainforest Alberta – Connector is an informal get-together for Edmonton entrepreneurs at all stages (from ideation to exiting), small business owners, and ecosystem helpers looking to encourage and promote collisions between people and create connections that will help drive the success of entrepreneurs in Alberta’s innovation system.
Join us to meet new like-minded people, celebrate successes and learn from failures, and build a community that supports and promotes entrepreneurship across the Province.
Events will be hosted online via Zoom and a password is required to access the meetings, therefore registration is mandatory.
As a member of the Rainforest, you are not excluding yourself from any other community or initiative. We seek to be a harmonious complement to other aligned initiatives and anyone from the community is explicitly invited to join us.
What is Rainforest Alberta?
Rainforest Alberta is movement, building community in the tech and innovation ecosystem in the province through opening conversations around culture, leadership, and other focus areas.
We believe Alberta is primed to be a global destination for growing your tech venture right in this province. Come to a meeting to find out why, or for more information, visit www.rainforestab.ca
Who should attend a Rainforest event?
- Anyone interested in starting or growing an innovation-based business in Alberta
- Former entrepreneurs and business owners looking to share their experience and give back to the community that helped make them successful
- Anyone exploring entrepreneurship as a potential career path
- Individuals or companies who provide services to entrepreneurs at any stage of growth, from pre-start to growth to succession
- Anyone interested in improving the culture of innovation and trust in Alberta, making a meaningful impact on the growth of the emerging innovation economy, or individuals who want to be part of the solution
- Researchers, inventors, or makers who are looking for help in making their idea a reality