- This event has passed.
Alberta Yield Demo Day
April 15, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm MDTFree
Join us for an evening of virtual networking with Alberta ag-tech and agri-food founders, investors and funders. Alberta Yield Demo Day celebrates the achievements of our first Alberta Yield program cohort of founders. Come for a night of networking and pitches, and get ready to meet and mingle on Remo!
Alberta Yield supports Alberta-based founders looking to grow an innovation-driven agricultural technology or agri-food venture — helping to establish their product or service, grow their business, increase their networks, and access investment. The program is delivered in partnership with Platform Calgary, Bioenterprise, TEC Edmonton.
- 4:00 p.m. – Welcome
- 4:15 p.m. – Opening Remarks
- 4:30 p.m. – Alberta Yield Live Pitches
- 5:25 p.m. – Networking
- 6:00 p.m. – End
Presenting the Alberta Yield startups:
- Algi creates delicious, purpose-driven food products centred around spirulina algae.
- Bamboo Dumplings provides the most authentic Northern Chinese dumplings with family recipes handed down several generations.
- Cultivatr is Alberta’s first online farmer’s market. Order local farm-fresh foods right to your door with the click of a button.
- Flokk provides everything you need to maintain your herd records, collect vital animal information, and complete Canadian traceability reporting. Herd management and traceability where it belongs – at the herd.
- GroundUp Eco-Ventures is a unique start-up based on the concept of circular economies, utilizing clean technology to upcycle waste streams into highly desired consumer products. Creating value by eliminating waste!
- Hurb Inc. is an Alberta-grown cannabis tech enterprise. Their first platform is Dro, an eMarketplace that centralizes licensed producers, retailers, and customers on one platform. They provide a suite of sales and marketing tools to facilitate orders and increase online exposure.
- Mojow's mission is to streamline on-farm operations, through innovative digital technologies and AI, to help build a sustainable agriculture industry.
- MycoRize Ltd. is an Alberta-based vertically integrated mushroom and mycelium technology agri-business. They address opportunities in food production/cultivation, health and wellness and the biotech sectors, utilizing regenerative and innovative technologies.
- MySteMBiotech is a biotech company committed to providing novel livestock colostrum stem cell based products for enhancing animal health as an alternative to antibiotics.
- Nova Green offers prebiotics that rock to get you in tune with your immune. NovaGreen creatively transforms low-value biomass into high-value, high-demand products that benefit consumer health and environmental sustainability.
- Top Grade Ag transforms any aeration bin into a predictable Grain Dryer that EVERY farm can afford. Mother nature is NOT a dependable grain dryer.
- Torchlight Innovations is an agricultural technology startup that digitizes commodity information management.
- West Grow Farms Inc. owns and operates an indoor vertical farm utilizing an aeroponics growing system to grow green leaf vegetables in Alberta.
Thank you to our Funding Partners:
- Alberta Innovates is the province’s largest research and innovation agency. From funding to commercialization, we are Alberta’s innovation engine. It is working to solve today’s challenges, create new opportunities and forge a healthy, sustainable and prosperous future for Albertans today and for generations to come.
- Bioenterprise is Canada’s Food & Agri-Tech Engine, bringing 15+ years of industry experience to help businesses Connect, Innovate and Grow. It uses its sector-savvy Service Partner network to offer Intellectual Property, Regulatory, Legal, Talent, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Investment advice.
- Western Economic Diversification Canada has been working to diversify the western economy while improving the quality of life of Western Canadians. It aims to be a leader in building a strong, competitive West by focusing on business development, innovation and community development.